Friday, June 8, 2007

Mother Nature At Her Best

Although an extremely hot day for this time of year, my wanderings made me appreciate everything around me. Take a look...

Three babies hatched yesterday, one left to go. The picture looks blurred, but it is the little one's down.

Old fashion rose, super thorny stem, blooms only last one day, but the bush is loaded and smells wonderful.
Blue delphinium, mid spike. The top 6 inches haven't bloomed yet.

Peone, one of my favorite flowers, mainly because of their complex blooms, although so short lived.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the little fuzzy birds! Everything is looking blooming wonderful. And, whew, it is hot today!

Biddie said...

What a fine shot of the baby birds - I hope the 4th one makes it okay ....

The colors in your 3 plants are beautiful - I have a red species rose that looks a lot like your pink one but it doesn't seem to have any scent. The peony is definitely a charmer!!