Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Latest and Greatest From My Neck of The Woods

Sweet pea looking at the sweet peas.

Sweet peas, the only plants I was able to grow from seed and transplant this year.

Liatris getting ready to bloom


Goblin sundial daisy sending out a teaser of what is to follow.


One of the delphinium in the new left garden, a different color than the big one in the right garden, and I noticed it is double bloomed.

All four eggs hatched and are being little eating machines. I have been watching poor mama and papa birds constantly traveling back and forth to the nest with bugs and seeds hanging out of their mouths. It's been fun watching the little family.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

What great photos!! That delphinium is gorgeous...mine are so far behind yours...hmmmpphhff! I love the baby birds, it will be fun to follow their progress.

Biddie said...

Hi - see you have been playing with the blogger knobs - they have set up a really interesting set of "tools". I really like your pithy saying under the title heading!

So glad to see the 4th little birdie made it out of the egg and into this world. Their mouths open so ww-iii-dddd-eee.

The flower that you called "Goblin sundial daisy" looks a lot like a TX wild flower that is called an Indian Blanket. The bicolored delphinium is intriguing .....

Cheryl said...

Love the new look. And that is a really apt saying...if only I'd have taken it to heart years ago!

Kristen said...

Hey lady, how's everything?? I see your yard is all cleaned up and you can park where you used to. Looking good over there. How are the birdies?? I have only seen the blue bird once in about a week, he moved on to someone else I guess:(

Maureen said...

What a bummer about the bunting. My little guys are so big they take up the whole nest, I don't know how mama sits on them. It was so cold and dizzly today, I didn't want to disturb them by taking a picture. Hopefully tomorrow. They are starting to get their real feathers in already though. How quickly they fly the coop.