Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Back In The Saddle

After my much too long hiatus that I'd like to call "thinking time" I'm back. No clue what my aversion to the blog has been, but here we go again. Nothing much to say 'cept posting lots of pictures. Hope y'all haven't given up on me.

Not a chickadee but a house sparrow, swamp sparrow or possibly a fox sparrow. Pretty eggs though.

I found a cheeky monkey in one of my maples today.

Butterfly milkweed blooming!


Delphinium beginning to bloom, growing sunflowers at the back, and the spikes of the gladiolas beginning to sprout.

Ground level side view of garden to the right of front steps.

View of right front garden.
This is the sad first year of the left garden, as you can see it needs a lot of TLC.

In the oasis, playing with the gator.

Getting windblown in front of the old fashioned roses that smell like heaven.


























4 comments:

Kristen said...

oh how cute she is!! Love the flowers too, yours are bigger than mine too, I dont have any flowers on whatever it is you said that I have the same of? Why oh why???

Kristen said...

Delphinium, I have some, they are not doing what yours are. Oh and the eggs are way too cool, good shot!

Cheryl said...

Looks beautiful over there...I can't believe your butterfly weed is blooming already!! I'm fixing to take a stroll through my garden...have to check out if anything new is blooming.

Biddie said...

Good Morning!! So, in your garden doth grow - Delphinium, sunflowers, gladiolas, butterfly milkweed and a GATOR ?? Good Grief !!!

I betcha that cheeky monkey will be scrambling up that tree by herself within 2 years .......

I like that little side garden where Caroline is playing with her gator!