Sunday, November 11, 2007

First SNOW !!!, redecorating projects, and fun

The baby went to bed a bit earlier than normal, so I'm not in a sleepy, lazy, cozy wanna do nothing mode which has been the norm lately. It is part of the best things about having a little one, after you finally get them into a "routine". Toddlers are on the move pretty much all day, but, for mine, bedtime is a comfort to both of us; we snuggle into the big rocking chair with the white noise from a box fan in the hallway (thank you Sandra), read a few books and sing a few songs. I think it is just the down time we both need after the hectic, roller coaster ride being home with a toddler is. Enough already !!!

WE GOT OUR FIRST !!!!! SNOW Saturday. It was such a nice surprise. Snow is one of the things I really, really missed being down south, but I think we're in for a doozie of a winter this year. Like they say, be careful what you wish for...


Also, been working on some redecorating projects. Mainly just painting walls, but making the house "ours" as they say. So, doing a little experimenting with colors, we'll see what the final result is like; I have found that colors really fascinate me and with peri-menapause stuff happening Lord knows how things will turn out.

The flash on the camera makes this wall look baby blue, but it is a blue green with grey undertones - going for a more classic Victorianish look. Only painted this one wall in the living room the rest of the living room is off white.

New taffeta valences over windows. Deep burgundy that can look almost black with some gold crosshatch and dingle balls. I'll provide a more close up view some other time. I think the pink dolly stroller really adds the finishing touch to the look I'm going for though.

I also found this window scarf thing that I fell in love with to go over the trim work of the sliding doors that lead to the sun porch. The door was really bothering me, mainly because it just takes soooo much away from the room. The sliders will eventually be changed out to french doors, but until then, this is what I came up with.
And finally, the fun part...taking "Giraffy" for a naked tricycle ride through the house !!!!!!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks wonderful. Those valances really add a warm note to the room. Good job!

Kristen said...

I like it too! I drove by your house quite a few times this weekend and your Tahoe was never there, well during daylight any how.. I hate to stop on the way home from working world because it is dinner time and my kitties and fishies are waiting for me to get there. A change in paint color makes a room look so much different and it a low cost way to "redecorate" I like all the colors you have picked too, the blue goes very well with the wall hangings you have hung there

Biddie said...

I love the way Caroline combines the elements of her world!!!

It's fun seeing your changes for your house - I really like your blue-green wall color - it's beautiful ...

Cheryl said...

Squishy adds a good touch as well..:)

Maureen said...

Thanks, I thought the top of his little bowl matched the valances.

Biddie said...

Hi and good day to ya! Just in case I don't get back to visit in the next couple of days, here's a wish for a fine Thanksgiving Day .....

Biddie said...

Hi - I made my way back to wish you and your family a fine day!!!

Biddie said...

g'morning! And so, do you have any pictures of your latest snow over there? I'm having a large case of snow-envy going here....