Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I Had A Thought

I have decided that I do a bunch of wallowing in self pity (for lack of a better word) and I need to make some more positive changes to my life. One of the things I've come to realize (while reading an article in Readers' Digest of all places) is that I express very little gratitude and thankfulness. Now, according to this article, there have been studies done about being thankful and these studies have shown that people who exercise this habit seem to be happier, better adjusted, and healthier. Soooo...I have made a pledge to myself to express my gratitude; don't worry, I won't be regaling everyone with wishy washy, tweet tweet tweet, sappy stuff all the time, just occasionally. I figure if I can find three things a day to be thankful for, I'll be doing great. If I'm having a bad day, I'll go on a gratitude walk and be thankful for every step I'm able to take.
Here goes:
1) I thank God for the true friendships I have. Each one is special and unique in it's own right, but I treasure them equally.
2) I'm thankful for my continued growth as a person and spiritually.
3) And finally for today, I'm thankful for all the support and love my family gives me.
Have a great day everyone!!!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

'Tis a beautiful thing indeed :). Very nice thoughts, and a good philosophy to embrace life with. I do believe if you force yourself to be happy and feel positive even in the darkest moments, the chemistry follows suite and soon enough you can feel that peek of sunshine through the clouds...for me driving, listening to tunes, and having the bullies riding shotgun almost always helps sweep away the blues. Takes the focus out of my head and into a less complicated zone.

Cheryl said...

Oh...that inner critic is yammering away at my head...I meant follow suit, not suite, but actually a suite would be nice, preferably one with a jacuzzi and a nice view. I do believe I'm feverish...off to Nyquil land.. night night.

Biddie said...

Hi - I thought that I had lost touch with you when I went to say howdy on your blog with the original name.

The name had always made feel a little sad for you - snatched away from an area of the country that you liked. But I could also see that you had some good things building for you there. So it is good that you have changed the name of your blog to reflect your positive seekings.

I have found that thinking about the good in my life really made a difference as I moved along its path. Sometimes I felt that I could realistically accuse myself of creating a DisneyLand Fantasy for myself but things would gradually move back into a much more positive and more stable direction for myself. The forest and the sounds of life in it have always been my balm ....

Good on you for kicking yourself in the proverbial pants and a nod of the reading glasses to Reader's Digest - good perspectives to ya.

Cheryl said...

Hey...where did you go? I thought you said you'd stop back by at 11:00, I even changed hoodies...I needed your advice on some furniture feng shui!

Maureen said...

Child melt down at 10:30, so took the long way home to try to get her to sleep but no go and had a miserable afternoon with no nap. But it is flurrying right now and that makes me happy!!!

Biddie said...

Good Morning, Gud Morgan, G-morn ....