Tuesday, August 7, 2007

New Family Member Update

The evening after posting our announcement of the new arrival, I came bouncing downstairs to welcome my new pal to a brand new day and found this lump of leaves. I was a bit sad that we hadn't even really bonded yet. So now I excitedly come downstairs to check on the lump of leaves as we are about a week into the cocoon stage. We should have mothage in about another week or two, if all goes well. I'm working on constructing a better home to accommodate the wing drying phase, he won't really be able to hang on that well to the inside of a plastic pretzel container.

The light tan woven looking material is the cocoon.

Just another look.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see him in all his glory!!!

Kristen said...

What is it?

Cheryl said...

It's a wallaby!!

Kristen said...

Oh it is not you jokester.

Biddie said...

Good Morning .... just checking in to see if there has been any changes in your little visitor. I'm amazed that he so quickly went into the cocoon phase - you sure happened to catch it just right so that you didn't have to worry about finding leaves for it ...

Cheryl said...

It's a platypus!!

Kristen said...

A mummy?

Kristen said...

Oh I like your new color scheme, very snazzy

Biddie said...

WOW!!! What a difference from the previous color scheme!! It's great looking - matches more to your garden interests. I really like it!!

Kristen said...

Hey where did you hibernate to??