Sunday, July 19, 2009

Christmas in July

Well, after three years of living in our current home, we are finally to a point of unpacking boxes which have been closed for about 4-5 years. Let me tell ya, Saturday was like Christmas. With the kitchen and dining room almost done, the area above the kitchen cabinets was waiting for "stuff" and the corner cabinet is getting new glass and then will be ready for her adornment. Here is the end result for the kitchen cabinets. As usual, Brett and I get so excited about nearing the end that we "semi finish" a project to the point of being able to put our "stuff" on display. For example, notice the ceiling above the cabinets are only painted out to the edge of the cabinets. Oh well, the house is really starting to feel like it is our home.

The next couple of pictures are a part of our collection of various types of old pottery, wood, tin and glass kitchen things.


The corner cupboard from the old 1700s plantation in FL with the wainscoting done.

A look at the transition from the living room to the dining room. The colors are quite a bit brighter than they really are, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love Wainscote or bead board whatever you call it, I have in my newly renovated bathroom downstairs. It looks great in your kitchen, I'm glad you finally feel as if you are "home" it takes a while, I feel like that here now, well it's been 9 years, I hope it's home!

Cheryl said...

Looks nice, but are you going to have to take everything down again to finish painting?

That room looks so much bigger, and very cheery & welcoming. You guys did a really nice job :)

Biddie said...

Congratulations on feeling ready to start unpacking!! I've been in this little house for 6 years now and haven't unpacked all my boxes ......

I really like your ceiling treatment. My ceilings have that god-awful popcorn stuff sprayed on them - they are so hard to clean - always sprinkle dust down when you touch them ....