Monday, December 22, 2008

Some Christmas Decorations

This doesn't give an idea of how a three year old decorated the tree, but if you look towards the bottom two feet you'll notice that most of the ornaments are there.

Decided to go simple with little trees and Santa's sleigh on the shelf that Brett redid. It was originally pink and the brackets were broken. He rebuilt them, stripped and sanded the paint off and then applied the gold leaf paint and black lacquer.

The mantle. I need to figure out a different picture to put up there. I love the oil painting, but it is a bit too big.

One of my favorite ornaments...a felted giraffe figure dressed as a bomber pilot.

I just like the way this gumdrop garland sparkles with the lights.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ah!!! So nice to see your house decked out in Christmas finery :)

Everything looks beautiful, love the Santa & sleigh on the shelf.

Glad you're feeling better.

Kristen said...

Oh how nice to have a 3 year old mind and what sparkles Christmas brings to her eyes I bet. Girls are so much fun. I miss those days with Corey, he doesn't really get in into Christmas like that any more. He just wants the goods. Your house looks very festive, I just got a tree the other day. Oh well, hope you are feeling well and have a fine Merry Christmas. I saw Brett at the store the other day, he was getting "supplies" for your sick house!!

Biddie said...

Good Morning! Merry Christmas to ya! I bet Carolyn loves all the decorations - memories of watching the tree getting decorated when I was little come floating back. I like the felted giraffe also!! Your home looks really warm and Christmasy.

Does Brett do woodworking as a hobby?