Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Having Fun

Caroline and I have been in the midst of a power struggle, so haven't been able to really focus on anything but the home life. I tried to go back to the work out place I had previously been attending and just couldn't bring myself to go on a regular basis, so instead of "wasting" 90$ a month, I figure I can treat Caroline and I to something cool once a month, like a museum or going to the beach and having lunch, just something different. We have also given up television except the am news for one hour and one hour after Caroline has gone to bed. Just in the past few days the child's temperament has changed for the better. Not that we were really "plugged-in", but it seemed like we were doing a bunch of sitting around in the TV room (sometimes playing with the TV going as background noise). I don't think much damage has been done, she has a GREAT vocabulary and imagination, but I've noticed she is focusing a bit better already on listening to what I say to her. Now it's only been three days, but it is pretty positive. Nothing like using your kid as an experimental lab rat, "just to see if all the hoopla is correct". I'll be damned if it isn't proving to be true, but we'll give it some more time.
BTW - I'm working on getting Caroline acquainted with the computer a bit and we spent some time today using the paint program and the picture above is the result.

7 comments:

Biddie said...

Your thoughts on the past few days with Caroline and the changes that you are trying in your relationship with her tug at my heart. I can remember the fascination I had at watching M-A and Ch when they were that age - seeing the growth and life forces come into their consciousness, seeing their personalities come into being.
There is one very important thing that I would desperately want to change if I could do it all over again. Thank goodness both of my daughters were stronger in adversity with their children than I was - seems you are also ....

Kristen said...

Wow you did quite well with the paint!!! I am truly impressed

Maureen said...

Come on now, you are THE queen of paint!!!!

Maureen said...

Ms. B - thanks that really means a lot. I just figure I'll keep reading and testing things out on Caroline. If you notice me mentioning anything totally out of the ordinary, please let me know, as I'm usually willing to try anything once ( BIG chuckle !!)

Biddie said...

Good Morning! Your title picture finally came into view this AM for me - it is charming!! I think you must have some hidden talent ... I never could get anything near to that detail out of Paint.

Kristen said...

ZZZZZZZZZZz boring here too

Biddie said...

Hi there stranger .... I see you haven't been doing much blogging lately either. I got bummed out by the computer hijacker that somehow got into my computer. It is such a tedious drill to do what I have to do to get rid of it that I keep putting it off. I've slowly started copying my favorite URL's to this old computer.

Hope all is well with you and your family ....

Take care ...