Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Accountability

Accountability, a big word with a big meaning..."the quality or state of being accountable ; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions" (Webster's definition).
I should know better than to use the above mentioned word in conjunction with weight loss. I came up with this hair-brained idea that I was going to start a "diet" (for me, this is eating more healthfully). The accountability part of this plan was to take a picture of everything I eat throughout the day (stop laughing!!).
Well, obviously I didn't start Monday as planned. Maybe sometime soon.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Good luck with that. Since I put on 20lbs I have been "watching" what I eat, not dieting. Well it hasn't worked at all, I have not lost anything. I just don't get it. I cut out soda, chips, etc. Moved on to, fruit, all fat free stuff, yogurt, etc. I even count my calories, check sodium and sugars in the foods I buy and eat now. Why doesn't it work? Oh I am also walking 2 miles a day, weather permitting.
Keep us posted on your progress!!

Biddie said...

I found that every 5 years or so, my metabolic rate slowed down another notch and a pattern that kept my weight steady before is now allowing/causing me to gain weight. It's very frustrating. The only thing that I've found to counter it, is to keep up the steady (never extreme) exercise levels and constantly adjust my food intake for the slow down of my metabolism. Especially since both my mother and father were very heavy, stocky people, I'm am in a daily "battle" to keep off the weight and to resist becoming sedentary.

Keep up your determination!!!