Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just Some Pictures

I'm an addict...according to Cheryl, I'm addicted to day lilies. There are worse things, right? Cheryl and Caroline and I went back to the day lily close out sale at a local farm. I left with another 12 varieties. Caroline and I planted them later in the day and gave them a good watering.

My faithful mud puppy.

The "wishing I was in the front yard running through the gardens" crew. Tater shows up fine, the white spot next to his head on the left is Lili's chest.



Don't remember the name of this one, but it's one of my favorites.



This is "Pandora's Box"



The new plants in the ground. Just planted them all where I wanted them and will take my time getting rid of the grass in between or maybe I'll leave it as a path of sorts through the garden

Oasis with Casablanca lilies, harvest moon cone flower, and purple cone flower.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I never knew there were so many different kinds of Day Lily. You have done an awesome job on your yard too, very nice.

Biddie said...

Good Morning!! I love the way your house sits back into the surround of trees. Caroline is definitely an outdoor kind-of gal!! A gentle hosing down in the warm summer sun is just as much fun as playing in the mud to start with .... And, oh my, do Tater and Lili ever want to play also ....

I have some day lilies in a little circle around the base of the yard light - my neighbor was just going to throw them on to their trash pile - they are really self-sufficient (thank goodness). But I do have a question - the leaves are smaller and the flowers are fewer than they were when I first planted them there several years ago - are they heavy feeders that need a lot of fertilizer?

Priscilla said...

Love those lilies.

Cheryl said...

Dang it...I just typed out a whole long post and Blogger must have burped because it is now floating about the ethernet and Not Here!!

Well, anyways, thanks again for inviting me along on Friday, I really enjoyed the morning. I'm impressed at how quickly you got your lilies planted, mine are still cooling their heels in the dog pool. I really like your flow with your plantings, I can't wait to see your yard in a couple of years!

Maureen said...

Thanks. I had a good time as well and I'm still a bit in shock at Caroline's apology; I guess you can reason with them sometimes.