Friday, July 27, 2007

Beautiful Day

Nothing to jot down did take some pictures though.


Caroline's poppy


Caroline's "olas" (gladiolas). You can't really see the spikes in the middle of the picture, but they're getting ready to bloom.


Joe Pie Weed getting ready to show off.

My first oriental lilies to bloom, I can't remember the name and Caroline usually steals the tags to play some sort of kid game with it. I love the pure white with the magenta speckles against the green of the leaves.


I rearranged my bedroom and found this little dress that Brett purchased for her so she could attend civil war reenactments at the fort I worked in and at which Brett volunteered. We figured it could be paid family time for me. When Caroline spotted it in a box not yet unpacked, she immediately had to have it on; it is obviously a bit small, but it still looks cute. She also has Giraffy with her checking out the flowers and bugs.


Sunflowers getting ready to bloom. I thought the way the sun was hitting this one looked really cool with the squiggly leaves in the back ground and the bright spiky ones in front.

6 comments:

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Biddie said...

When I first glanced at the words under the top picture, I thought I read "Caroline's puppy" - I searched the pic for a puppy - then I went back to the words - DUH!!!

The oriental lily is a beautiful one - the colors are so gorgeous and pure.

I didn't know what Joe Pye Weed looked like - looking at the garden pictures of all your collective gardens is like looking at a flower catalog!

Caroline has grown since you first started putting pictures up here on your blog! She sure is full of life and all things around her ....

Cheryl said...

Did Caroline's poppy bloom yet?

Maureen said...

No, it hasn't bloomed yet, but I pretty much stopped watering except to the new additions to the garden since I returned from GA. Maybe that's the problem.

Kristen said...

Girls just love to play dress up don't they? Your yard/gardens and flowers look great, I probably almost have an accident dirving off the road everytime I go by because I am too busy looking at your house!!!

Kristen said...

yep dirving isn't a word, I know I know I had a typo