Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall in New England

Our small area of New England had much to offer, especially this second weekend in October. It is peak foliage time, so just a drive can lead you to many different opportunities for entertainment. Today, we took a beautiful drive to Riverton for their annual fair; very small town, but much more exciting for a 4 year old than the overwhelmingness of the Big E. Our drive took us past 10 tag sales, a Civil War event/show at our local historical society, and posters advertising three local fairs.
We arrived in Riverton, parked without much effort, and purchased an item at a tag sale. Within the fair we perused the many exhibits of crafts, art, photo, and animals. There are some VERY talented needle workers in this area of the country. The photo contest wasn't anywhere near as impressive as Cheryl's blog, so I will need to push her to enter it next year. As for animals, bunnies, and chickens, and ducks, oh my!!! and guinea pigs and calves and horses galore!! and food and food and food!!!
The funny part of this is that we chose the smaller fair for Caroline, but ended up enjoying it more than the larger one ourselves.










7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you re: the nice compliment :)
We went to the fair yesterday as well, was planning on seeing the Civil War exhibit on the way back home but unfortunately the pulled pork sandwich I ate starting causing a ruckus in my stomach. Oof.

Where you on that slide taking pictures?

Cheryl said...

What time were you guys there? We were there at 2:30.

Cheryl said...

Oh geeze...too early in the morning, did you catch the grammar botch up in the first post? Sheesh, not enough coffee yet I guess :P

Kristen said...

That looks like a fun day and I see you have finished the sweater already, you knitting fool! I asked my sis lois to show me how to knit a scarf again and she made me the entire thing! Whoo hoo for me but I didn't learn anything again.

Biddie said...

The smaller Fair was definitely the right choice - less crowds and more personal!!

Is the sweater that Kristen refered to the one that Carolyn wearing? I love the heft of it - it looks like it is really warm - good work!

Priscilla said...

You take great pictures...clarity, human interest, well-composed. The 3rd from the bottom is my favorite, the gentle little human figure upright as a post calming or controlling all those big animals lined up on a diagonal...wow.

Cheryl said...

I've finished two of the books you brought over...yesterday morning I picked up one, then of course had to read the whole thing...and then this morning I swore I'd only read a few chapters of another but then had to finish it too :)

My eyes are spinning, but my mind is happy :) Thank you again!!