Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Got The Hint

Lots of stuff happening in the gardens currently, to be posted later. At the point of time these pictures were taken, not much was happening yet.


Daddy made his "little princess" a crown. Tater and Lili were there for the acceptance ceremony.
Amid the grand fanfare, the newly crowned princess couldn't help but throw her arms up with a big "Hooray"
Come to find out my poppy isn't very unusual at all; just to me, not having grown them before. But I thought this was a decent picture with the dew still lingering.
I love the way Mother Nature puts so many different types of beauty into her creations.
I was in the kitchen doing dishes and talking to my mom, when I heard great squeals of laughter coming from the yard below the deck. I knew Caroline was playing in her little sandbox and had to go see what her latest creation was that had tickled her so. This is what I saw when I looked over the railing. Tater's curiosity couldn't be contained any longer and he jumped into the sandcastle making process to "help"

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the close up shot of the poppy...beautiful! I took almost the same exact shot of my poppy...great minds think alike :)

I shall remember to properly address Princess Caroline from now on. That's a great picture of her with the crown.

Biddie said...

Good Morning! Daddy will always be remembered for her crown! Fun moment!

The poppy is gorgeous and Tater is quite a fun companion!

Kristen said...

Hey you gardening fool!!! Sorry I didn't get to stop and say hi the other day, we were in a hurry to get to NY and of course last minute errands had to be done!!
Your yard is really taking shape, it looks good. Caroline was so cute talking to Shelby too

Cheryl said...

I forgot to mention to you earlier today when I stopped by, you have a baby garter snake in your garden beneath the laurel tree. Very cute little fellow :)