Thursday, April 24, 2008

Just Thoughts

As I awoke this am after thunderstorms last night, I thought how lucky we are. We have shelter from the storm, beautiful yards, and great friendships. I purchased some Adirondack chairs at OSJL yesterday and put them together; it took most of the afternoon due to the "help" of my little cherub, but they didn't fall apart when I tested them - a good thing. So, this am, I had my first cup of coffee sitting in my chair and listening to the sounds of the morning before any traffic or raucus barking of dogs (the ones across the street are tireless barkers). I keep coming in and out with my dogs in hopes of seeing a lovely sunrise as we do have a bit of cloud cover. I feel blessed this am to have the ability to do this. A new day is starting and I can't wait to see what it holds in store.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

We are so lucky to live in a place that allows us to have these kinds of moments - hope your day was just as full of peaceful rewards.

Maureen said...

That was the best part of the day. The rest slowly spiraled into the vast depths of another world. But all is better now.

Cheryl said...

I deeply appreciated the tulip you bestowed upon me this morning. It's a smile that has lasted all day long. Longer than mine held out, so it was good to have reinforcement. Thank you.

Kristen said...

Hey I see you out doing some yard work!! Looks good, I have not had much time to stop seing I have to do the same thing over here, I still have a huge pile of dirt to move and getting mulch soon, uh oh, I am not ready!!
How are the doggies and Caroline and Brett??
Is Mrs. W OK?

Cheryl said...

Well here's to us braving the rain & scoring some beautiful plants!! Oh did that feel good, even with the cold rain pouring down..and boy would I dearly love a pair of alligator boots like the ones Caroline was sporting today! Even though my feets are too big :)

Biddie said...

Just stopped by to toss a "hello" over to ya ....